Industrial Structures Syllabus for
CE 435 Industrial Structures [3 0 0 3]
Bunkers and Silos: Introduction, Analysis of Bunkers and Silos, Janssen’s and W. Airy’s
formulas for design of silos, Bunker with a hopper bottom.
Shell Roofs: Introduction, Terminology, classification and general specifications. Analysis of
shells by different methods.
Machine Foundations: Introduction, General requirements, foundations for reciprocating, impact
type and rotary type machines. Type of connections.
Braced Industrial Buildings: Introduction, design of goodowns, small Industrial shed with a
Virendeel Girders: General features, analysis of virendeel girders. Design of members.
R. C. C. Chimneys: Introduction, Design for Stresses due to self-weighs, wind, load, stress due
to temperature gradient, combined effects of self load, wind load & temperature.
1. Raju N K “Advanced R. C. C. Design” Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2000.
2. Chandra R “Design of Steel Structures” Vol. II Standard Publication House, New Delhi,
3. Syal I C “Behaviour Analysis and Design of R. C. C. Structure” S. Chand & company,
New Delhi, 2003.
4. Ramaswamy G S “Design and Construction of Concrete Shell Roofs” CBS Publication
House, New Delhi.
5. Arya A S and Ajmani J L “Design of Steel Structures” Nem Chand & Bros, Roorkee.1992.