NIT Hamirpur Syllabus REINFORCED CEMENT CONCRETE DESIGN
REINFORCED CEMENT CONCRETE DESIGN
1. Working Stress, Limit State, Ultimate load design concepts.
2. Design of members by Limit State method:
a. Beams: Design for flexure, shear , torsion
b. Slabs: One way, Two way, Circular, Flat
c. Compression members: Axially loaded, Uniaxial and biaxial loaded.
e. Footings: Isolated, combined
1. Pillai,S. Unnikrishna, Menon,Devdas: Reinforced concrete design, Tata McGraw?Hill, New Delhi
2. Gambhir,M.L.: Fundamentals of reinforced concrete design, Prentice?Hall, New Delhi.
3. Varghese,P.C.: Limit state design of reinforced concrete, Prentice?Hall, New Delhi
4. Bhavikatti,S.S.: Design of R.C.C.structural elements, New Age International Publishers, New
5. IS 456 2000: Code of Practice for Plain and Reinforced C
1. Wang, Chu?Kia, Reinforced concrete design, John Wiley, Hoboken
2. Nilson, Arthur H., Design of concrete structures, Tata McGraw?Hill, New Delhi