NIT Hamirpur Syllabus
1. Triangulation and trilateration Triangulation? network, strength of figures, selection of
stations, inter?visibility, satellite stations, measurements and computations, trigonometric
2. Geodesy: Earth, spherical trigonometry, convergence of meridians, latitude computation,
determination of bearing and distance, map projection.
3. Photogrammetry : Principle and types of aerial photographs, stereoscopy, Map Vs Mosaic,
ground control, Parallax measurements for height determinations
4. Hydrographic survey: Shoreline and river survey, soundings? methods, equipment and
ranges locating sounding
5. Global Positioning System (GPS): GPS principles, Satellite navigation System, GPS? Space
segment, Control segment, User segment, GPS satellite signals, Receivers, Static, Kinematic
and Differential GPS
1. Surveying – Vol.2& 3 : Punmia .B.C.
2. Surveying – Vol 2&3 : Arora.K.R.
3. Higher Surveying : A. M.Chandra
4. Engineering Survey : W. Schofield;