NIT Hamirpur Syllabus ADVANCED STRUCTURAL DESIGN
ADVANCED STRUCTURAL DESIGN
Prestressed Concrete ? Analysis, Losses, Prestressed concrete section design
Retaining wall ? Gravity, Cantilever, Counterfort, Crib, Gabbion, IS codal provision
Water tank design? Underground, overhead, staging design
Bridge Design ? Site Selection, water way, culvert design, Bridge superstructure: RCC, Prestressed,
Steel, Masonry and Composite bridges, substructures ? Well foundations, pier, abutments.
1. Krishna,Raju N., Prestressed concrete, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi
2. Dayaratnam, Pasala, Prestressed concrete structures, Oxford and IBH Publishing, New Delhi
3. Rajagopalan,N., Prestressed concrete, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi
4. Gambhir,M.L., Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures, Prentice?Hall, New Delhi.
5. Victor,D.Johnson, Essentials of bridge engineering, Oxford and IBH Publishing, New Delhi
6. Rajagopalan, N., Bridge superstructure, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi.
7. Jagadeesh,T. R., Design of bridge structures, Prentice?Hall, New Delhi
1. Raina,V.K., Concrete bridge practice, Tata McGraw?Hill, New Delhi
2. Libby,James R., Modern prestressed concrete:design principles and construction methods,
CBS Publishers, New Delhi.CE – 4