Mumbai University question papers
VII Sem CSE Examination Dec 2008
N.S.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
(3) Assume suitable data if required.
1. (a) A Computer Engineering Department pl~ns to design and set up a Mobile CommunicationLaboratory.Identifythe software, hardware and networkingrequirements for such Laboratory. Explain various components involved. Show the set up diagramatically. (Assume suitable specifications of the components).
(b) “In wireless communication, multiplexing can be carried out in four dimensions le. space, time, frequency and code”. Explain.
2.. (a) What is the principle of frequency reusein the context of a cellular network? 8
(b) What are the reasons for delay in GSM system for packet data traffic? Draw and explain the protocol architecture of GSM.
3. (a) What are the advantages and disadvantages of using COMA for a cellular network? 10
(b) Explain the various wideband modulation techniques employeed in cellular/mobile technologies.
4. (a) Explain the difference between a single-cell and a multiple-cell wireless LAN.
(b) Explain ‘Bluetooth protocol stack’ with neat diagram.
5. (a) Explain and draw IEEE 802.11 protocol architecture. 10
(b) Explain the errors in a wireless network, which degrade TCP performance. Briefly explain how TCP snooping can improve this situation.
6. (a) Explain the difference between TOMA, FOMA and COMA with suitable example. 10
(b) Explain and draw the architecture of GPRS system. 10
7. Write short notes on (any four) :-
(b) PACS Personel Access Communication (System)
(c) Mobile IP
(d) WML and its Applications
(e) Wired Vs Wireless Local Loop
(f) Mobile Agents.