Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem CSE Examination June 2009
System Programming and Complier Construction
N.B. : (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
(3) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
1. (a) Explainwith neat flow charts working of single pass assembler,with database used. 10
(b) What are the features provided by a macro? Explain with example. 10
2. (a) Construct the LALR parsing table for the following grammar.
‘S ~ CC
C ~ cC
(b) Differentiate between linkage editor and linking loader.
3. (a) Explain storage allocation and error handling phase of a compiler.
(b) Explain the design of Direct Linking Loader.
4. (a) Describ~ the various forms of intermediate code used by compilers.
(b) What is binding? Explain static and dynamic binding.
5. (a) Write short notes on :-
(i) SPARC Assembler
(ii) Text Editors.
(b) Explain with the help’ of memory, data formats, registers, instruction format, addressing modes of traditional CISC machines.
6. (a) Explain the LR parsers with suitable examples.
(b) Explain with syntax directed translation.
7. Write notes on any two :-
(i) LEX and Y ACC
(ii) Operator precedence parsing
(iii) Macro assemblers.