Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem CSE Examination June 2008
System Programming and Complier Construction
Question No.1 is compulsory.
Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
Assumptions made should be clearly stated.
Figures to the right indicate full marks.
Assume suitable data wherever required but justify the same.
1. (a) Explain with the help of flowchart and databases, working of two pass assembler. 10
(b) Explain operator precedence parser with suitable example. 10
2. (a) Explain different features of macro facility. 10
(b) \ (i) Consider the followinggrammar and show the handle of each right sentential form for string (a,(a,a».
S ~ (L)L~L.S
(ii) Write note on ‘MS-DOS linker’.
3. (a) Exp,lainthe features of SunOS SPARC assembler.
(b) Explain single pass algorithm for macro definitions within macro.
4.. (a) Explainsyntax directed translation. Givesyntax directed definitionto translate infix expressions to postfix expressions.
(b) Explain design’ of absolute loader. 10
5. (a) Explainthe design of direct linkingloader.
(b) Explain run time storage organization in detail.
6.(a) Consider the following grammar and construct the LALR parsing table.
(b) Explain different types of text editors.
7. Write detailed notes on any two :-
(a) Dynamic loading and dynamic linking
b) Macro assemblers
(c) LEX and YACC.