Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem CSE Examination June 2006
System Programming and Complier Construction
N.S.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
(3) Assumptions made should be clearly stated.
(4) Figures to the right indicates full marks.
(5) Assume suitable data wherever required but justify the same.
1.a) Explain the design of Direct linking loader.’
(b) Consider the regular expression (a I b)* abb. Construct theNFA for this expression ‘and convert this NFAto minimized DFA.
2. (a) Explain design of one pass macro prepocessor to handle nested macro calls. What are the different databases needed? Explain.
(b) Explain with help of flowchart and data structures working of sing!e pass assembler.
3.(a) Explain Operator precedence parser with suitable example.
(b) (i) Discuss various errors detected in each phase of compiler.
(ii) Write short notes on ‘Java compiler and environment’.
4.(a) Write sequence of steps involved in dynamic debugging of program.
(b) Write short notes on :
(i) Run time storage organization
5.(a) What are different intermediate code f9rm used in compiler? Explain.
(b) (i) Explain the design of Absolute loader.
(ii) What are assembler directives? Explain with examples.
6.(a) Differentiate between linkage editor and linking loader.
(b) ‘(i) Explain conditional r:nacro expansion with suitable example.
(ii) What is binding? Explain static and dynamic binding.
7. (a) Explain with the help of memory, data formats, registers, instruction formats, addressing modes of traditional CISC machines.
(b) Write short notes on : 12
(i) LEX and YACC. (ii) Recursive descent Parser.