Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem Electronics Examination June 2009
N.S.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attemptany four questions out of remainingsix questions.
(3) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
1. (a) Explain in brief the various system losses in the radar.
(b) Compare analog MTIsystem with digital MTIsystem.
(c) Explain doppler shift and its role in pulsed and CW RADAR.
(d) Explain frequency agility and diversity techniques.
2. (a) Derive the simplified version of radar range equation in terms of minimum detectable signal to noise ratio (SIN) min. Also explain why (SIN) min is a bettermeasureof a radousdetection.performancethan in minimum detectable signal
(b) What do you understandby the terms duty cycle and unambigous range of a radar? what is the technique employed for resolving range ambiguifier.
3. (a) Draw the block diagram of a pulsed RADAR and explain the significance of designing IF amplifier as a matched filter. List the properties of a matched filter for RADAR application.
(b) .Explain the need f9r integration of RADAR pulses and define the following terms
i) Integration Efficiency (IE)
(Ii) Integration Improvement Factor (IIF)
(iii) Integration Loss (IL).
4. (a) Describethe operationof a linetype radar modulator. What are the advantages of that type of modulator? What is its most significant drawback?
.(b) What are the basic differencesbetweena search radar and a tracking radar? Discussthe variousscanningtechniquesand tracking mechanisms.
.5. (a) What are the advantages of using pulse compression techniques in radar system? Explainthe principleof phase coded pulse compression technique with proper diagrams and the advan’tage gained.
(b) State the factors which influence the bandwidth of radar receiver. Write down the advantages of large bandwidth.
6. (a) E;xplainhow the problem of blind speed can be overcome byuse of multiple PRF in HTls radar. Explain how multiple staggered PRF’s can be processed with a transversal (non recursive) filter.
(b) Explain the role of loop antennas in radio direction binders. What is the needfor,asensebinderantennasystem. Enumeratevariousmethodsemployed for increasing loop voltage.
7. Write short note on the following :-
(a) Instrument Landing System
(b) RCS of a Complex Target
(c) Conical Scan Tracking
(d) MFCW Radar.