Mumbai University Previous year question papers Microprocessors June 2008
Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem CSE Examination June 2008
(1) Question NO.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of the remaining.
(3) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
(4) Assume suitable data if necessary with justification.
(5) Give proper comments to assembly language program.
Design a 8086 based microprocessor system with following specifications ;-
(a) 8086 microprocessor working at 5 MHz.
(b) processor for numeric calculations.
(c) 64 KB of Monitor program area using 2764 chips.
(d) 128 KB of application program area using 62256 chips.
(e) 2 input and 2 output 16-bit ports using 8255 chips in hand-shake mode,
(f) which should be accessed in fixed-port addressing mode. Explain the design.
(g) Draw memory map and I/O map. Use absolute decoding technique through out the design.
2. (a) Explain the different types of addressing modes in 8086.
(b) Draw timing diagram for :-
(i) Memory Read operation in maximum mode.
(ii) Interrupt Acknowledge in minimum mode.
3.(a) Draw functional block diagram of 8259 and explain its working.
(b) Draw functional block diagram of 8254 (PIC/T) and explain its working.
4. (a) With the help of a neat diagram explain 8086-8087 if1terface.Highlight the important signals of the interface.
(b). Discuss the control and status word format of Numeric processor 8087. 5
(c) Convert (305.1070) decimal in long real and temporary real format. 5
5. (a) Write a program for 8086 to arrange a string of bytes in ascending order:
(b) W~atdo you mean by multiprocessorsystem ? Wh~t are different, multiprocessor configurations supported by 8086 ? Drawneat diagrams.
6. (a) Explainthe differenttypes of bus arbitrationtechniques used in multiprocessorsystems.
(b) Explain operations of following pins of 8259 ;
(i) CAS ~ -2
(ii) SP / EN
7.Write short notes on (any two) ;-
(a) IEEE 488 GPIB
(b) 8288 Bus Controller
(c) Interfacing of DRAM to 8086.