Mumbai University Previous year question papers
V Sem CSE Examination Dec 2009
N>B. 1. Q.1 is Compulsory.
2. Attempt any Four out of remaining Six Questions.
3. Figures to the right indicate full marks.
I.a) Explain Stop and wait protocol and sliding window protocol with example and suitable diagram.
b) What is subnet address ifthe destination address is 198.47..34.31 and subnet mask is 255.255.224.0
c) For message frame 1101011011 and G(x) =x4-tx+1 show the transmitted frame.
2. a) Explain the need for the layered architecture in computer network. Explain how information is exchanged between two nodes using OSI model.
b) Explain framing, flow and error control in Data Link Layer.
3.a) Whatis the purpose of Digital SubscriberLine (DSL)? Explain ADSL.
b) What is the difference in functionalities between a bridge and a repeater? Expluin the process of learning in case oftninsparent bridge.
4. a) What is Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Avoidance (CSMA/CA) protocol? Explain with timing diagram.
b) Differentiate between Virtual-Circuit and datagram subnet~.
5. a) What is count to infinity problem in distance vector routing?
b) What are transport service primitives?
6.a) How TCP controls the congestion?
b) i) What is Address Resolution Protocol(ARP)?
ii) Explain Classless Inter Domain Routing (CIDR).
7. Write notes on: (any four)
ii) IEEE 802.11 WLAN
iii) Berkeley Socket
iv) Point-to-Point Protocol(PPP)
v) Diffcrentiate bctween Hub and Switch