JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
1. (a) Describe the various Security Services.
(b) Compare TCP session hijacking and UDP hijacking.
2. (a) Differentiate between the symmetric block ciphers and symmetric stream ciphers.
(b) Write about Key distribution.
3. (a) Perform the RSA algorithm on the given data and explain how encryption
and decryption are performed on the message: p = 3; q = 11; e = 7; M = 5.
(b) Describe the Digital certificates.
4. (a) Explain the general format of a PGP message with a pictorial representation.
(b) What is a Certification Authority and explain its role in S/MIME.
5. (a) Explain about the routing applications of IPSec?
(b) Give the formats of ISAKMP header and Generic payload header? Explain
6. Consider the following threats to web security and describe how each is connected
by a particular feature of SSL.
(a) password sniffing
(b) IP Spoofing
(c) IP hijacking
(d) SYN flooding.
7. (a) With a neat diagram explain SNMPV3 message format with USM?
(b) Discuss about the four generations of the anti virus software?
8. (a) With a neat diagram explain the working principle of packet-filtering router?
(b) What is a reference monitor? What are the rules that it has to enforce?
Discuss its properties?