JNTU Question Papers
Bio-Chemistry 1st Sem November 2008
1. (a) Write a detailed account of various derivatives of sugars formed by chemical
(b) Discuss the importance of any two of them? [8+8]
2. What is a glycosidic bond? Illustrate with structures of suitable examples 
3. Describe how lovastatin inhibits cholesterol biosynthesis and write the importance
of cholesterol as a biomembrance constituent. [10+6]
4. How bacteria, fungi and plant fix up nitrogen to meet their needs. 
5. Describe the pathways in the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids. 
6. “TCA cycle is the final common pathway of oxidation of carbohydrates, proteins
and lipids”- Substantiate the statement. 
7. Write a note on the Role of the Stroma and Thylakoid in photosynthesis process.
8. Why do we say respiration is the “inverse” of photosynthesis?