JNTU Question Papers Automobile Engineering I Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Question Paper
Automobile Engineering I Sem Nov 2008
1. (a) Explain the historical development of automobiles ?
(b) Briefly explain, why rear wheel engines are powerful then front wheel drive
2. (a) Draw P-V and T-S diagrams S.I Engine and explain its working.
(b) Is it feasible to construct a sterling engine. Explain in detail. [8+8]
3. (a) Differentiate between cylinder liners and piston rings with suitable examples?
(b) How the cylinder and cylinder head are manufacturing. Explain. [8+8]
4. (a) Why is flywheel necessary in multicylinder engines?
(b) What is valve tappet clearance? Why is it necessary?
(c) Describe a hydraulic valve lifter. [6+6+4]
5. Describe with suitable sketches the following system of a modern carburetor.
(a) Idling system
(b) Main metering system
(c) Economiser system
(d) Acceleration pump system [4+4+4+4]
6. (a) Classify different fuel delivery systems for petrol engines? Explain.
(b) What are different problems faced by fuel transfer pump? Explain methods
to rectify them. [8+8]
7. (a) What is the function of transfer pump used in automobile for fuel injection
system ? explain.
(b) Explain different injection nozzles used in diesel engines. [8+8]
8. (a) Discuss the functions of lubrication in an engine?
(b) Explain the properties of the lubricator oil in detail? [8+8]