JNTU Exam Papers
Microbiology 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. Robert Koch was considered “Father of Modern bacteriology”. Explain. 
2. Describe Five-kingdom system of Whittaker’s classification of bacteria. 
3. Describe the methods of Asexual and sexual reproduction in fungi. 
4. Describe in detail iron transport which is useful in the metabolism. 
5. Describe the methodology for the enrichment of the following bacteria:
(a) Thiobacillus thiooxidans
(d) Clostridium. [4×4]
6. Define water activity. Explain how water activity influences the growth of different
7. (a) Describe the different methods of helozetion?
(b) What is the principle involved in an autoclave? [8+8]
8. Describe different methods of sterilization employed in a quality control laboratory
of a pharmaceutical or food Industry.