JNTU Question Papers Bioorganic Chemistry Ist Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Question Papers
Bioorganic Chemistry Ist Sem Nov 2008
1. (a) What do you mean by electrophilic and nucleophilic reactions?
(b) Explain in detail that electrophilic or nucleophilic group accelerates the rate
of reaction. [8+8]
2. (a) What is peptide bond ?
(b) Explain asymmetry in amino acids.
(c) Explain chemical synthesis of amino acids. [5+5+6]
3. (a) Describe how the nonenzymatic reanugument of chorismate to prephenate
prefers a transition state of chainlike geometry .
(b) How do you associate the prodigeous capacity of molecular recognition of
antibodies with potential enzymatic activity. [8+8]
4. Explain Copperian-Biomodels for photosynthesis and energy transfer. 
5. (a) Explain in detail about hemoglobin.
(b) Explain co-operative interaction in hemoglobin. [8+8]
6. Discuss in detail the different in types of copper ion present in biological system.
7. (a) What is a speleand and how speleate is obtained.
(b) How pentavalent phoshoramidate intermediate is formed. [8+8]
8. Explain in detail about bis(11)-keto derivative