JNTU,B.Tech,I- Semester, BIO CHEMISTRY, November 2008
1. Explain starch and glycogen are stored fuels?
2. How the glucose level of blood is maintained in animals? Discuss the role of Hormones in sugar regulation in the animal body.
3. How is a concentration gradient of proton transformed into ATP?
4. Summarize the sequence of process involved in Nitrification.
5. What is a nitrogen cycle? Sketch the basic events involved in it. What are the enzymes involved in this cycle?
6. How a molecule of palmitic acid is completely oxidized in a mitochondrion. Enumerate the enzyme catalyzed reactions and calculate the energy yield?
7. Enumerate the different stages involved in the extraction of energy from food stuffs.
Outline the major pathways involved in this process.
8. (a) Compare the basic structural features of chloroplasts and mitochondria.
(b) How does photosynthesis in green and purple bacteria differ.