JNTU Question Papers
Bioorganic Chemistry 1st Sem November 2008
1. How could you explain enzyme catalytic activity and functioning of DNA with
molecular recognition? [8+8]
2. Explain in detail about nonribosomal peptide bond formation. [12+4]
3. (a) What is an enzyme? What is its composition and nature? How it functions.
(b) Explain the properties of an enzyme. [2+3+3+8]
4. Write short notes on the following: [4+4+4+4]
(a) Zymogens .
(b) Catalytic triads.
(c) Molecular clefts.
5. Write notes on the following on oxygen transport
(a) Bohr effect.
(b) Role of hemoglobin. [8+8]
6. (a) How many oxidation states cobalt has explain?
(b) Explain in detail that coenzyme B12 involved in various reactions. [8+8]
7. Explain with examples that micelles act as a catalyst in catalysis. 
8. Discuss in detail about the biosynthesis of lanosterol.