JNTU 2nd Year CSE Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science Syllabus
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
II Year B.Tech. CSE – I Sem T P C
MATHEMATICAL FOUNDATION OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
Mathematical Logic : Statements and notations, Connectives, Well formed formulas, Truth Tables, tautology, equivalence implication, Normal forms.
Predicates : Predicative logic, Free & Bound variables, Rules of inference, Consistency, proof of contradiction, Automatic Theorem Proving.
Set Theory : Properties of binary Relations, equivalence, compatibility and partial ordering relations, Hasse diagram. Functions: Inverse Function Comports of functions, recursive Functions, Lattice and its Properties, Pigeon hole principles and its application.
Algebraic structures : Algebraic systems Examples and general properties, Semi groups and monads, groups sub groups’ homomorphism, Isomorphism.
Elementary Combinatorics: Basis of counting, Combinations & Permutations, with repetitions, Constrained repetitions, Binomial Coefficients, Binomial Multinomial theorems, the principles of Inclusion – Exclusion.
Recurrence Relation : Generating Functions, Function of Sequences Calculating Coefficient of generating function, Recurrence relations, Solving recurrence relation by substitution and Generating funds. Characteristics roots solution of In homogeneous Recurrence Relation.
Graph Theory : Representation of Graph, DFS, BFS, Spanning Trees, planar Graphs
Graph Theory and Applications, Basic Concepts Isomorphism and Sub graphs, Multi graphs and Euler circuits, Hamiltonian graphs, Chromatic Numbers
TEXT BOOKS :
1. Discrete and Combinational Mathematics- An Applied Introduction-5th Edition – Ralph. P.Grimaldi.Pearson Education
2. Discrete Mathematical Structures with applications to computer science Trembly J.P. & Manohar .P, TMH
3.Discrete Mathematics and its Applications, Kenneth H. Rosen, Fifth Edition.TMH.
1. Discrete Mathematics with Applications, Thomas Koshy, Elsevier
2. Discrete Mathematical Structures, Bernand Kolman, Roberty C. Busby, Sharn Cutter Ross, Pearson Education/PHI.
3. Discrete Mathematical structures Theory and application-Malik & Sen
4. Discrete Mathematics for Computer science, Garry Haggard and others, Thomson.
5. Discrete Mathematics for Computer Scientists & Mathematicians, J.L. Mott, A. Kandel, T.P. Baker Prentice Hall.
6. Logic and Discrete Mathematics, Grass Man & Trembley, Person Education.