JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
( Common to Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Computer Engineering)
1. What are various issues involved in a design of a distributed system.
2. What are the key design issues of Remote Procedure Call System.
3. Discuss each of the tasks of encapsulation, concurrent processing, protection, and
name resolution, communication of parameters and results, and scheduling in the
case of UNIX file service.
4. What is a name service? What are the general name service requirements?
5. (a) Explain backward validation and forward validation.
(b) Compare forward and backward validation and explain about starvation.
6. How the virtual partitions are implemented?
7. Explain about closely synchronized group and loosely synchronized group.
8. Discuss design and implementation issues of Distributed-Shared memory.