JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
SOFTWARE TESTING METHODOLOGIES
( Common to Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology)
1. (a) Why is it impossble for a tester to find all the bugs in a system? Why might
it not be necessary for a program to be completely free of defects before it is delivered to its customers?
(b) To what extent can testing be used to validate that the program is fit for its purpose? Discuss.
2. (a) Discuss about “Traversal marker” form of path instrumentation.
(b) What is meant by coincidental correctness? Give an example.
3. (a) What is meant by a program slice? Discuss about static and dynamic program
(b) Explain the terms Dicing, Data-flow, and Debugging.
4. (a) What is meant by domain testing? Discuss various applications of domain testing.
(b) With a neat diagram, explain the schematic representation of domain testing.
5. Write short notes on:
(a) Distributive laws
(b) Absorption Rule
(d) Identity Elements.
6. (a) How can we form the specifications into the sentences? Write down the different phrases which can be used for the words.
(b) Explain about the ambiguities and contradictions in the specifications.
7. (a) What are the software implementation issues in state testing?
(b) Explain about good state and bad state graphs.
8. (a) What are the advantages of array representations?
(b) Write about loops in matrix representation.