JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
SOFTWARE TESTING METHODOLOGIES
( Common to Computer Science & Engineering and Information
1. (a) Why is it impossble for a tester to find all the bugs in a system? Why might it not be necessary for a program to be completely free of defects before it is delivered to its customers?
(b) To what extent can testing be used to validate that the program is fit for its purpose? Discuss.
2. (a) What is meant by program’s control flow? How it is useful for path testing?
(b) Discuss various flow graph elements with their notations.
3. (a) Discuss the following strategies of data flow testing with suitable examples:
i. All-predicate-uses(APU) strategy
ii. All-computational (ACU) strategy
(b) Compare the path flow and data-flow testing strategies.
4. (a) What is meant by domain testing? Discuss various applications of domain testing.
(b) With a neat diagram, explain the schematic representation of domain testing.
5. (a) Flow graph are abstract representation of programs. Justify?
i. Distributive laws
ii. Absorption Rule.
6. (a) Explain prime implicant, sum-of-product form and product-of-sum form.
(b) What are Decision Tables?
7. (a) Write Testers comments about state graphs.
(b) What are the types of bugs that can cause state graphs?
8. (a) Write a Partitioning Algorithm.
(b) Write an algorithm for Node Reduction.