JNTU Previous Question Papers BE-Supplementary English Aug/Sep-2008
JNTU Previous Question Papers
1. Do the opinions of Aristotle and Ptolemy agree or differ from Copernicu’s and
Galileo’s ? How?
2. Describe what transpired at the meeting between Kalam and Vikram Sarabhai at
the Hotel Asoka.
3. How did Datta escape from his situation?
4. ‘To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.’
How did Kalam prove this statement?
5. The truly multi-faceted woman, Kalpana Chawla, after completing her Ph.D. at
Colorado in 1988 utilised the opportunities that came her way to prove herself.
Describe in detail her activities from 1988 to 1995.
6. The couple cooked up imaginary characters out of love towards each other. If you
agree to this statement, give reasons. If you disagree, give reasons.
7. You have been asked by a firm which manufactures detergent powder to make a
study of the consumer reaction to their product and suggest measures to improve
the image and the sales of their product. Prepare a report of the study.
8. (a) Correct the following sentences.
i. The reason her and her friend decided to take the bus instead of the train
was that there was an announcement about the cancellation of several
ii. The old man has become so weak that even a two furlongs walk makes
iii. Neither Jack nor Jim were able to tell me who have visited our place in
the evening in my absence.
iv. Would you mind to open the door?
(b) Fill in the blanks with appropriate verb forms
i. Raju, unlike his colleagues, (meet) the dead line promptly.
ii. I can’t help (laugh)
iii. Neither the Assistants nor the Manager (have ) turned up.
iv. I shall telephone you when he (come) back.
(c) Supply one word each for the following
i. obstetrician one who is financially broken
ii. a document written by hand
iii. that which is fit to be eaten
iv. incapable of being read
(d) Write the antonyms of the following words