JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. Cell is the fundamental, structural and functional unit of Life- Justify.
2. How is carbon and water helpful to a cell.
3. Write in detail about the ultra structure and chemical composition of mitochondria.
4. Describe the transport process in which energy is not utilized. Write few examples of such a transport.
5. Describe the two experiments that demonstrate the need for Protein degradation
to exit from mitosis?
6. Explain the adaptation of a sperm to deliver DNA into the egg.
7. (a) What is action potential?
(b) Explain the mechanism, how electrical impulses lead to secretion of neurotransmitter?
8. What are telomeres?Explain how telomere shortening may pave the way to cancer