JNTU Previous Question Papers-B-Tech-IV Year-Embedded Systems
Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
( Common to Information Technology and Computer Science & Systems
1. Write short note on the following.
(a) Serial data transfer standards
(b) Laboratory instruments for testing the embedded systems.
2. What kind of memory is preferred to store each of the following and why?
(a) The program of an intelligent VCR which are required in millions of units.
(b) The user-configurable name for a printer attached to a network that the printer should remember even if the power fails.
(c) The program for a beta version of an x-ray machine that your company is about to ship to general hospitals on experimental basis.
(d) The data that is just received from the network.
3. Explain the following terms in the context of an embedded application.
(a) Interrupt priority
(b) Interrupt masking
(c) Context switching
(d) Priority inversion
4. Explain the functions of a scheduler in an RTOS and how does the scheduler carryout those functions.
5. What are the different methods by which an RTOS finds out that an interrupt routine is executing. Compare these methods with respect to the interrupt response time and ease of coding.
6. Discuss various methods adopted to reduce power consumption in embedded applications.
7. Explain the differences between an ‘Host Computer System’ and a ‘Target System’ in terms of their hardware and software.
8. Explain the important features of the following operating systems that are relevant
to embedded applications.
(a) RT Linux
(b) Windows XP
(c) Win CE
(d) Vx works