JNTU B.Tech IV INFORMATION SECURITY Examinations, Apr/May 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) What is a Security attack? Give the classification of the Security attacks.
Discuss the following terms in detail with relevant examples:
(b) Explain UDP hijacking. [10+6]
2. (a) With neat illustration explain Advanced Encryption Standard algorithm (AES).
(b) Explain the importance of Secure Hash functions with relevant examples. [8+8]
3. (a) Explain the procedure involved in RSA public-key encryption algorithm.
(b) Explain what Kerberos is and give its requirements. [8+8]
4. (a) What is Radix-64 format? Explain how both PGP and S/MIME perform the Radix-64 conversion is performed.
(b) Describe the five principal services that Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) provides. [8+8]
5. (a) Explain about the routing applications of IPSec?
(b) Give the formats of ISAKMP header and Generic payload header? Explain various fields? [6+10]
6. (a) List the sequence of events that are required for a secure electronic transaction?
(b) Explain the concept of dual signature? [8+8]
7. (a) Draw the figure indicating the relationship among the different versions of SNMP by means of the formats involved. Explain.
(b) Discuss in detail the advanced anti virus techniques? [6+10]
8. (a) What are two default policies that can be taken in a packet filter if there is no match to any rule? Which is more conservative? Explain with example rule sets both the policies?
(b) What are the advantages of decomposing a user operation into elementary actions?
(c) What are false negatives and false positives? [6+6+4]
To download engineering ebooks, medical ebooks, management ebooks, free ebooks please visit www.kopykitab.com