JNTU Previous Papers-BE-II-Calibration And Electronic Measurements-Set-III-Nov-2008
CALIBRATION AND ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENTS
(Instrumentation & Control Engineering)
1. How are various types of errors categorized? Describe them in detail with suitabl illustrations.
2. (a) Describe the Laboratory standards for emf.
(b) Discuss their advantages.
3. Distinguish between direct and indirect calibrations.
4. (a) How is thermocouple useful as rms detector? Explain.
(b) What is the need for balancing thermocouple in true rms reading voltmeter?
Show how the measuring and balancing thermocouples are arranged in the circuit. Explain how the circuit functions.
5. What are the modifications and additional features incorporated in a low voltage Schering bridge for it to be used on high voltages? Explain. Describe how relative permittivity of a specimen of insulating material can be determined using a Schering bridge.
6. Draw the block diagram of a multiplexed display used in a v.
7. Prove that the deflection factor of a CRT is the reciprocal of the sensitivity factor.
8. Explain the construction and operation of a super heterodyne spectrum analyzers.