JNTU Previous Papers-B-Tech-III-Machine Tools Examinations-Aug/Sep-2008
JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
1. (a) Why tool wear is important in metal cutting?
(b) Discuss various types of tool wear.
2. (a) Describe briefly about taper turning methods?
(b) What are the different types of Lathe attachments? Discuss them briefly.
3. Write briefly about following holders used in capstan and turret lathes.
(a) Multiple cutter holder
(b) Slide tool holder
(c) Knee tool holder
(d) Drill tool holder
4. (a) What are various operations performed on shaper? Explain in detail
(b) Describe constructional features of speed gearbox of slotter?
5. (a) Enumerate the uses and limitations of the following drilling machine
i. Sensitive drilling machine
ii. Pillar drilling machine
iii. Radial drilling machine
(b) Explain what is meant by spot facing?
6. Explain clearly with neat sketch the various types of milling cutters and state their advantages and applications.
7. (a) List the various types of special grinding machines.
(b) Classify and explain the various centre type cylindrical grinding machine.
8. (a) What is lapping? What are its advantages?
(b) Write a brief note on the following
i. Equalising lapping
ii. Form lapping.