JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
1. (a) What will be the growth & technology of Internet in future Explain?
(b) Differentiate between wide area & local area networks?
2. What are the problems associated with Address Resolution? How the resolution is carried through direct mapping and through dynamic binding?
3. (a) Explain the different options which are used in option field of TCP
(b) Explain with diagram the TCP checksum computation?
4. What are the key restrictions of exterior gateway protocol? Mention the functions of routing arbitrary system (RA).
5. (a) What are the multicast extensions to OSPS?
(b) What is ACK implosion how it is overcome using reliable multicast protocols?
6. (a) Explain the remote procedure call?
(b) Using the TELNET standard and find out how the SYNCH operation works.
7. What are the standards for URL (Uniform Resource Locater). What does a POUND sign (#) followed by a string mean at the end of a URL? Is it legal to send the POUND sign suffix on a URL to Web Server?
8. Write a short note on the following:
(a) Simple Network Management Protocol
(b) SNMP Message Format
(c) New Features In SNMPv3.