JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
Microprocessors And Micro Controllers
(Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
1. (a) Discuss the minimum mode memory control signals of 8086?
(b) Explain the write cycle operation of the microprocessor with a neat timing diagram in maximum mode.
2. (a) Explain the following Assembler Directives
(b) Write an ALP to perfom the division operation on two 16 bit Hex numbers.
3. Interface 16-bit 8255 ports with 8086 . The address of Port A is F0H.
4. (a) Explain pin diagram of 8259 PIC
(b) Explain the interrupt sequence in 8086 system.
5. (a) Give the specifications of RS232C?
(b) Explain about line driver and line receiver used in serial communication?
(c) Give the status register of 8251 and explain each bit.
6. (a) Draw the oscillator circuit and also draw the 8051 timing diagram.
(b) Discuss in detail about parallel I/O ports in 8051 micro controller and explain how these ports are accessible for specific applications.
7. (a) Give the sequence of events that takes place when the interrupt occurs in 8051.
(b) Draw the bit formats of IE and IP registers of 8051?
8. (a) Explain with a neat diagram how push button and LED can be connected to 8051
(b) Mention any application of electromagnetic relay and explain how a electromagnetic Relay is connected to a 8051 microcontroller with diagram.