JNTU PAPERS B-Tech II Semester Examinations, Bio Chemical Engineering, Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, Bio Chemical Engineering Aug/Sep 2008
1. Describe the structure and functions of various membrane bound and non-membrane
bound cell organelles?
2. (a) What are the differences and similarties between enzymes and synthetic catalysts? Explain
(b) Give the classification of enzymes and the major classes of reactions that they
3. (a) What is the importance of membrane transport in cells?
(b) Define membrane permeability and give its units.
(c) Compare the salient features of passive diffusion, facilitated diffusion and active transport.
4. Describe the features, configuration and operation of a CSTR and explain its advantages and limitations?
5. Conversion of starch to fructose is a very important commercial process. Describe
the production of high fructose corn syrup with a neat flow diagram.
6. (a) Wall growth functions as a second, nonsterile feed that prevents washout.
Explain this phenomenon.
(b) Show that the biomass production rate with recycle is greater than the nonrecycle biomass production by a factor of [(1-a(b-1)]?1.
7. (a) Discuss about continuous sterilization of media with neat schematic diagrams.
(b) Mention the advantages and drawbacks of continuous sterilization.
8. (a) Distinguish between mechanical and non mechanical methods of cell disruption
(b) Define and explain electrophoresis and chromatography.