JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
1. (a) What is Artificial Intelligence? Mention some of the applications that fall
within the scope of AI.
(b) Explain the state space representation of water jug problem.
2. Discuss the following in detail.
(a) Hill Climbing
(b) Best – First search
(c) Constraint satisfaction.
3. (a) Explain how knowledge can be represented using declarative and procedural representations. Give examples.
(b) Compare Forward Vs Backward reasoning.
4. (a) Explain how a semantic network gets evolved into a frame structure with an example.
(b) Suggest a frame system to indicate organization of your college.
5. (a) Discuss the limitations of CWA.
(b) Explain the depth-first approach to non-monotonic reasoning with example.
6. (a) What is hierarchical planning?
(b) Explain with relevant examples.
(c) What is constraint satisfaction?
7. (a) Differentiate between language understanding and language generation.
(b) Discuss the problems in developing a program which is capable of carrying on a dialog with a group of people.
8. (a) What is “unsupervised learning” in which objects are recognized through clustering. Explain why the nature of the “goal” affects the process of learning.
(b) Describe in detail, the design of a pattern Recognition program for validating
“hand- writing”. Discuss the inherent problems in detail.