JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
EXPERIMENTAL TECHNIQUES IN METALLOGRAPHY
(Metallurgy & Material Technology)
1. (a) How the sulphur printing is carried out?
(b) Write the different chemical reactions taking place during sulphur printing.
2. (a) Explain temperature of etching and time of etching?
(b) Explain in detail macro etching technique.
3. (a) Illustrate schematically the functioning principle of the plane glass reflector.
(b) In how many ways the incident light gets distributed? Explain the reflection of light.
4. Compare and contrast metallurgical and biological microscopes.
5. (a) Describe Aperture diaphram in detail.
(b) What is field-of-view diagram? Describe in detail.
6. (a) Describe the construction of electron microscope in detail.
(b) Describe the functioning of electron microscope in detail.
7. (a) Mention various techniques of preparation of thin foils from the larger specimens. Explain them.
(b) Explain rapid electropolyshing techniques in electron microscopy.
8. (a) Derive an expression for the transmitted intensity from perfect crystal.
(b) Describe in detail special transmission techniques.