JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
PRODUCT DESIGN AND ASSEMBLY AUTOMATION
1. (a) Sketch and explain spiral elevators.
(b) Sketch and explain the Balanced vibratory feeder.
2. (a) Discuss about magnetic disk-feeder.
(b) Write short notes about elevating hopper feeder.
3. (a) Explain the importance of intermittent transfer mechanism?
(b) Explain the working principle of Geneva mechanism?
4. Classify the different types of automated assembly system with schematich diagram.
5. (a) What are the three main phases of the design process.
(b) Define assembly efficiency. What are the different types of criteria to be meet by assembly efficiency.
6. Discuss briefly the effect of part thickness and part size on handling time.
7. Derive the condition for reducing disk-assembly problem.
8. (a) Derive the expression for total cost for each acceptable assembly.
(b) Derive the average production time of acceptable assemblies.