JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
MOTION CONTROL DESIGN
1. (a) Define Mechatronics?
(b) Write the advantages and applications of Mechatronic systems.
2. Write a short notes on:
(a) Indexing mechanisms.
(b) Sorting devices.
3. (a) Listout the merits of fluid power in manufacturing.
(b) Explain the various characteristics of hydraulic fluid.
4. Explain the working of following pumps used in hydraulic system.
(a) Gear pump
(b) Vane pump.
5. Describe any three types of air compressors used in pneumatic system.
6. (a) Explain the advantage of adoptive control system over feed back control system.
(b) Describe any three types of mechanical actuators with a neat sketch.
7. Write short notes on:
(a) Closed loop control systems
(b) Adoptive control system.
8. Describe the basic components of programmable logic controllers.