JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
MOTION CONTROL DESIGN
1. (a) What are the different feeding devices used in assembly lines.
(b) Explain two types of vibratory feeding devices.
2. Write a short notes on:
(a) Indexing mechanisms.
(b) Sorting devices.
3. (a) Draw the symbols for
i. Fixed capacity hydraulic
iii. Variable throttle valve
iv. Shutt-off valve
(b) Explain the working of Non-return valve used in hydraulic circuit with a neat sketch.
4. Write short notes on
(a) Hydraulic reservoirs
(b) Hydraulic fluids.
5. Describe any three types of air compressors used in pneumatic system.
6. (a) Describe Vane motor used in hydraulic systems with a neat sketch.
(b) Describe piston motor used in hydraulic system.
7. Explain the fundamental concepts of adoptive and fuzzy control systems.
8. (a) Draw the PLC architecture.
(b) Listout various types of input modules used in PLC’s.