JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
MOTION CONTROL DESIGN
1. (a) Define automation.
(b) Describe various types of automation.
(c) Write the advantages of automation.
2. (a) Explain the operation of a sorting device used in motion control.
(b) Explain the working of a conveyor system.
3. (a) Draw the symbols for
iii. Solenoid control
iv. 4/3 D.C.V with electro magnetic control and returned by spring.
(b) Describe direct operated pressure relief valve with a neat sketch.
4. (a) Explain meter-in and meter-out hydraulic circuits.
(b) Explain the basic components of a hydraulic system.
5. (a) Classify Various types of air compressors used in Pneumatic systems.
(b) Draw a circuit diagram to control and operate double acting pneumatic cylinder with 4/2 Directional control valve(Manual Type).
6. (a) write the characteristics, Limitations and applications of hydraulic actuators and mechanical actuators.
(b) Differentiate mechanical actuators from electrical actuators.
7. Explain the fuzzy logic system to control and operate an electric motor to run at 1500 RPM.
8. (a) Describe “AND” , “OR” logic gates used in PLC programming and draw their truth tables.
(b) Listout various symbols used in ladder programming.