JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
NETWORK INSTALLATION AND MANAGEMENT
1. With neat diagrams explain following connecting devices
2. (a) Explain class less inter domain routing ( CIDR ) with example.
(b) Explain next generation of internet addresses IPv6 , IPng.
3. (a) Explain OSPF virtual link, transit area with neat diagram.
(b) Explain about open shortest path first (OSPF).
4. (a) Explain with neat sketch access list permitting access to network 10.0.0.0.0
(b) Give explanation of the parameters for the command “accesslist ICMP”.
5. Explain IPX protocol stack with neat sketch.
6. (a) Explain congestion of IPX networks.
(b) Compare HDLC and PPP encapsulation protocols.
7. (a) Explain overview of Point to Point protocol.
(b) Explain PPP link control protocol configuration with frame formats.
(c) Explain operation of multilink Point to Point protocol.
8. (a) Explain the differences between basic rate interface and primary rate interface.
(b) Write the detail information about advanced configuration task.