JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
1. (a) Give a good state space representation for missionaries and cannibals problem.
(b) What are the chief characteristics of producter system.
2. Discuss the following in detail.
(a) Hill Climbing
(b) Best – First search
(c) Constraint satisfaction.
3. (a) What is Resolution? Suggest an algorithm to resolve a set of sentences given
in prepositional logic.
(b) Look at the following sentences :
Ramu is a soldier Ramu is a resident of Madras Madras is in India All Indian soldiers know Hindi Convert them into predicate form and resolve to answer the question? Does Ramu know Hindi?
(What additional information is needed to answer the question?)
4. (a) Define certainty factor? What are the components of certainty factor?
(b) Explain Bayesian method of reasoning.
5. (a) What is default logic? Explain with an example.
(b) Briefly explain the following:
6. (a) What is Waltz?s algorithm?
(b) List out examples of an ambiguous figure for which the waltz algorithm would not find a unique labeling.
7. (a) Explain in detail, the technique of “Intermediate – level processing” of visual data (in machine vision) and discuss its use.
(b) Discuss the role of “describing and labelling of objects” in machine vision.
Explain the role and use of filtering with constraints.
8. Write short notes on any two of the following:
(a) Decision trees in learning
(b) Riddle of the utility problem
(c) Rote learning-checker’s game
(d) Knowledge system Building tools.