JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
1. Explain Breadth ? First search and Depth ? First search and develop algorithms for them. List down the advantages and disadvantages of both.
2. Discuss in detail about the A* algorithm. Using a suitable example.
3. (a) What is the significance of Knowledge representation? Compare and contrast database and knowledge base.
(b) Discuss with examples Procedural versus Declarative representations. Which is advantageous? Give reasons.
4. (a) Define certainty factor? What are the components of certainty factor?
(b) Explain Bayesian method of reasoning.
5. (a) Consider the problem of finding clothes to wear in the morning. The knowl-
-Wear jeans unless either they are dirty or you have a job interview today.
-Wear a sweater if it’s cold
-It’s usually cold in the winter
-Wear sandals if it’s warm
-It’s usually warm in the summer.
i. Build a JTMS-style database of the necessary facts to solve this problem.
ii. Show how the problem can be solved and how the solution changes as the relevant facts change.
(b) TMSs are useful tools in solving constraint satisfaction problems. Give your opinion.
6. (a) What is hierarchical planning?
(b) Explain with relevant examples.
(c) What is constraint satisfaction?
7. (a) What are the three general approaches to Natural Language Processing ?
(b) Describe systemic grammars and semantic grammars.
8. (a) What is “unsupervised learning” in which objects are recognized through clustering. Explain why the nature of the “goal” affects the process of learning.
(b) Describe in detail, the design of a pattern Recognition program for validating “hand- writing”. Discuss the inherent problems in detail.