JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Electronics & Communication Engineering)
1. (a) What is the function of VCO in FM transmitter.
(b) What is stereo FM transmitter? Explain with the help of block diagram.
(c) What is the use of Balanced modulator in SSB transmitter.?
2. Write short notes on:
(a) Image frequency and its reduction.
(b) Fading and diversity reception.
(c) Squelch circuit.
3. (a) Differentiate between simple, delayed and amplified AGC and explain their action with the help of simple circuits blocks.
(b) Discuss briefly similarities and differences between FM and AM receivers.
(c) Write in detail about the limiter used in FM receiver.
4. (a) What are the different source specific telecommunication networks?
(b) Explain about the elements of switching systems?
5. Define the following terms
(a) Switching capacity
(b) Full availability
(c) Expansion network
(d) Concentration Network.
(e) Control memory
(f) Data memory
6. Explain about the architecture of the SS7?
7. Write about the following
(a) User level signaling in ISDN
(b) Network level signaling in ISDN
8. Explain about cell splitting in mobile radio communications? What are the requirements of cell splitting? Explain about its advantages?