JNTU III B-Tech Supplementary Examinations,Communication Systems Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU III B.Tech Supplementary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Electronics & Communication Engineering)
1. (a) Explain the operation of ISB transmitter with block diagram. Where it is used?
(b) What is the function of crystal filters in SSB transmitter?
(c) State and explain with respect to ’Q’, various types of filters used to separate side bands?
2. (a) Discuss in detail the various tracking techniques used for receivers.
(b) A Superheterodyne receiver is to tune the range from 4-10 MHz, with an I of 1.8 MHz. Calculate the range of oscillator frequencies, the range of image frequencies.
(c) Write about image frequency.
3. Write short notes on: –
(a) Fading and Diversity reception
(b) Squelch circuit
(c) Double conversion and variable selectivity.
4. Define the following terms?
(a) Switching matrix
(b) Switching network
(c) Symmetric network
(d) Folded network
(e) Nonfolded network
(f) Transit exchange
(g) Intelligent network
(h) Control functions
5. Define the following terms
(a) Switching capacity
(b) Full availability
(c) Expansion network
(d) Concentration Network.
(e) Control memory
(f) Data memory
6. (a) Explain about the methods for deciding the root for a particular connection?
(b) Discuss about Common channel signaling?
7. (a) Write about the ISDN service categories?
(b) Write about the advantages and disadvantages of geosynchronous satellites?
8. Write about the following
(a) Continuous traffic
(b) Bursty traffic
(c) Frequency reuse
(d) Cell splitting