JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
PETRO CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
1. Write notes on present scenario of petrochemical industry in India and world?
2. (a) How do you produce industrial heating oils?
(b) Characterize the properties of heating oils.
3. (a) Explain Alkylation with suitable reactions.
(b) Describe the process of Hydrofluoric acid alkylation with a neat flow diagram.
4. (a) What are different catalysts used in isomerization process?
(b) Explain the use of hydrogenation cracking catalyst for isomerization process.
5. (a) For getting good alkylated gasoline what are the paraffins required?
(b) Alkylation is reverse of cracking Explain.
6. Propylene is a very useful component in many reactions. Justify.
7. Explain the method of producing isoprene by dehydrogenation.
8. Show how the petrochemical industry marched in the last two decades.