JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
( Common to Civil Engineering and Metallurgy & Material Technology)
1. What is meant by Demand? Every one desires to own a Maruti car. Does this mean
that the demand for Maruti car is large? If it is otherwise, how do you narrate?
2. What is meant by Elasticity of demand. How do you measure it?
3. Write short notes on the following:
(b) Least cost combination of inputs
(c) Budget line
(d) Marginal rate of Technical substitution.
4. (a) What are the principal differences between monopoly and perfect competition?
(b) Supplement your answer with appropriate diagrams in both the cases.
5. Distinguish between partnership and Joint stock company organization.
6. A company is considering two investment opportunities (A and B) that cost Rs.
4,00,000 and Rs. 3,00,000 respectively. The first project generates Rs. 1,00,000/- a
year for four years. The second generates Rs.60,000/-, Rs. 1,00,000/, Rs. 80,000/-
Rs, 90,000/- and Rs. 70,000 over a five year period. The company’s cost of capital
is 8%. Which project would you choose under NPV method?
7. (a) How can you make use of data available in the trial balance for finalizingac counts?
(b) Explain the procedure to be followed while preparing Trading Account, Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet with the help of a trial balance.
8. Discuss the importance of Ratio Analysis for inter firm and intra-firm comparison,
including circumstances responsible for its limitations, if any.