JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
ADVANCED DATA STRUCTURE
( Common to Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics &
Computer Engineering) SET-2
1. (a) What do you mean by Data abstraction?
(b) Difference between “C structure” and “C++ structure”.
(c) Diffrence between a “assignment operator” and a “copy constructor”.
(d) What is the difference between ‘overloading’ and “overridding”?
2. What is template? Explain about function templates and class templates with suitable examples.
3. (a) Explain about the formatted I/O in C++.
(b) Explain about the console I/O in C++.
4. Define the Abstract data type for Stack. Write a C ++ program to implement stack ADT using linked list.
5. (a) What is a dictionary? Define the abstract data type for it? Write the abstract class for the dictionary?
(b) Give the applications of dictionary or dictionary with duplicates in which sequential access is desired.
6. Define a class called binarySearchTree to represent a Binary search tree. Extend
this class by adding a public method outputInRange (Low,High) that outputs, in ascending order of key, all elements in a binary search tree whose key lies between Low and High. Use recursion and avoid entering sub trees that cannot possibly contain any elements with keys in desired range.
7. (a) Describe deletion operation of a B-tree with an example.
(b) Prove that the height of a red black tree storing n items is O(logn).
8. (a) Explain the boyar Moore algorithm with an example.
(b) What are the advantages and disadvantages of tries with respect to binary search tree.