JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics &
Telematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering and Aeronautical
1. Explain the different areas of environmental conservation to which people belonging to different disciplines can contribute.
2. (a) Write a detailed note on the problems arising out of overexploitation of forest resources.
(b) Describe how forest management is being done in India by citing any example.
3. (a) What is a grassland ecosystem and what are the activities in grasslands ?
(b) What activities of man lead to the destruction of grasslands and what are the consequences of this?
4. What do you understand by the term biodiversity? Write briefly about the different kinds of diversity in organisms.
5. (a) Oceans are ultimate sink for most of the waste we produce. Explain.
(b) List off shore sources of Marine Pollution.
(c) Explain the effects of oil pollution on the ocean.
6. (a) List the rain water harvesting methods.
(b) Give a brief account of ancient water conservation and harvesting practices in India.
(c) List the advantages of rain water harvesting.
7. Explain how the growth of human population on earth is a threat to the environment.
8. (a) Explain the aspects to be studied and the procedure for collecting information when you want to document the environmental features and resource assets of a water resoure ecosystem during a field visit.
(b) Describe, in the format given above, the features of any such ecosystem you
have studied during field visit.