JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
OOPS THROUGH JAVA
( Common to Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy &
Material Technology, Production Engineering and Automobile Engineering)
. (a) Describe the genesis of java. Also write brief overview of java.
(b) Write a program to convert the given temperature in Fahrenheit to Celsius using the following conversion formula C = (F – 32)/1.8 And display the values in a tabular form.
2. (a) How does String class differ from the StringBuffer class?
(b) Write a program to extract a portion of a character string and print the extracted string .assume that m characters are extracted, starting wit the nth character.
(c) Write a program ,which will read a text and count all occurrences of a particular word.
3. (a) Discuss about Hybrid Inheritance with a suitable example.
(b) Discuss about Hierarchical Inheritance with a suitable example.
4. Prove that the fields in an interface are implicitly static and final.
5. Explain the following Thread related exceptions with examples:
6. Write a stand-alone AWT based application which creates a frame window that
responds to mouse clicks and key strokes.
7. Differentiate choice lists and scrolling lists? How will you add them to an applet?
Explain with suitable examples.
8. (a) What is a port? What is the difference between port and socket?
(b) Explain several methods provided by URL?