JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEM COMPONENTS
(Electronics & Control Engineering)
1. (a) Explain about the Gear Mechanism with diagrams.
(b) Discuss about the spring loaded scissor gear and series of split Gears with diagrams.
2. (a) Explain about the construction details, principle of working and applications
of the following types of Bellows with diagrams
i. Expanded type
ii. Compressed type
iii. Arrangement with opposing spring element.
(b) List out the specifications for the design of Bellows.
3. Explain about the construction details, working principle and applications of the
following Electrical Components with diagrams.
(a) Magnetic Amplifiers.
(b) Pulse Transformers.
4. Draw the block diagrams of the following:
(a) DC voltage- input position servo.
(b) DC Voltage – input velocity servo.
(c) Motion – input position servo (all ac ).
(d) Motion – input velocity servo (all ac ).
5. (a) Briefly explain about the Power Rating of Resistors.
(b) Explain about the charging and Discharging of a capacitor with a circuit Diagram.
(c) Explain about the effect on the capacitance due to the following:
i. Larger Plate Area
ii. Thinner Dielectric
iii. Dielectric Constant K.
6. (a) Explain the operation of LM317 as a voltage regulator with a circuit diagram Give the expressions for the output voltage and current.
(b) Define the following for a 741 IC:
i. Full power Bandwidth
ii. Over load recovery time
iii. Common mode range
iv. Supply voltage rejection ratio.
7. (a) Discuss about the Parameters and characteristics of Industrial LEDs.
(b) Explain the principle of action of Photodiodes with diagrams.
8. Briefly explain about the following opticalcomponents with diagrams:
(a) Optical filters