JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. Compare Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells with respect to structure, function and
properties and add few examples.
2. Define cytoskeleton, list out the components of the cytoskeleton.
3. Write short notes on:
(a) Grana thylacoids
(c) Calvin cycle
(d) Hatch and Slack pathway.
4. Discuss various transport systems adopted by prokaryotic cells. Which molecules utilize these systems.
5. What are Kinetochores? Explain its function in the mitotic spindle formation?
6. What are homeotic selector genes? How do they play a role in patterning of the antero-posterior axis?
7. (a) Describe the three classes of cell surface receptors?
(b) Represent in a schematic diagram the stimulus and functional domains of each of these receptors?
8. What is Neoplasm? Define in detail the characteristics of neoplastic cells?