JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. How can you differentiate a Prokaryotic cell from a Eukaryotic cell, give reasons for the evolution?
2. Write short notes on:
3. Explain the structure and various functions of endoplasmic reticulum.
4. Write an essay on lysosomal and vacuolar membrane ATP dependant proton pumps.
5. (a) Explain the role of Mitogens in stimulating the cell division?
(b) What is the role of Growth factors and survival factors during cell division?
6. (a) Explain how stem cell engineering can be used to make any part of the body?
(b) Explain the difference between an embryonic stem cell and an adult stem cell?
7. (a) Mention the three major families of trimeric G-proteins
(b) Mention the principal subunit involved in mediating the action and the functions of each of these subunits?
8. Name at least five cancer critical genes that regulate cell division, and describe
their mechanism of action?